Iconic people, beautiful outfits, style or beauty... What's exactly the amazing thing about all these pictures?
Is actually the picture itself; the person behind those lenses make them look perfect, and that's the result!
The photographer knew how to manage all the factors around and place them in a beautiful shot.
That's why Photography is so mystic and so challenging, The world is just out there! And you have to
catch it in a camera, sounds so complicated...and unfortunatelly it is :(
We hope some day to get pictures like these ones, but in the meantime we can give you some ideas
and advices that were very useful for us.
1. IS NEVER TOO LATE! If you feel attracted by photography take it as a deep and intense hobby,
Even if you don't know anything, is just about love (we say it because we'd felt the same) At some point you just don't feel like taking good pictures, so you are in the right way! because is pretty normal that feeling :) Is not about being professional, is a state of mind. So go out now and take your camera with you!
2. ...PRACTICE, DELETE, KEEP PRACTICING... Anyone can get the perfect picture in one shot,
It also depends in how lucky you are at the moment of shooting, That is something that make us really happy, because in 2000 pictures we take, we could find at least 3 good ones :D And we are not the only ones ;) A real photographer is made by mistakes, like everything in life... so no worries, Just try and play with your camera till you will find your own style and you will discover the strongest and also the weakest part of your work, so never give up!
3. GET INSPIRATION FROM OTHER WORK. It doesn't mean 'copying', but is really good to compare, to create and develop your taste and talent around the work of another people.
Like these previous pictures, We took them as a mood board, In this case we got inspiration from the fashion photography in the 50's.
When you don't get any ideas, go directly to see books or magazines, a museum or whatever, could be a source of inspiration. Is because the world is full of beautiful and creative people! (Sometimes I hate them...
the people is so damn creative!)
4. SHYNESS! THE WORST ENEMY OF A PHOTOGRAPHER! :O
Is so true... but how many good pictures we have lost because we were shy...We want to take pictures so badly in a certain place or to a certain person, but we don't feel like taking out the camera...
Just do it!! don't think about what other people gonna say or think about you. If they think you are a freak guy taking pictures to silly things, is true! But it doesn't matter, you are the artist! And take shots of all the nice things you find around you.
5. READ AND GET A PARTNER! You can always practice a lot, however, the most professional way to do it is being a bit nerdy and studying theory as well. Please, read the manual of your camera, and then you will get better results Focus in one topic every week like "white balance" or "back light", read about it and put it in practice! Also a partner is a big advantage, you will need someone to pose for you, to get feedback and to help you to improve your photography.Is so much easier when someone next to you has a critical eye and also has the patience to be your model and go around with you to experiment shots and share ideas.